Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Taken by Dublin

Hello again

I warned you I’d be back soon.

So what have I been doing since yesterday? I went to see a film at the GFT (Glasgow Film Theater) called True North. It was about hard up Scottish fishermen transporting illegal Chinese immigrants form Belgium to the UK. It was quite grim but I enjoyed it none the less, even if it made me feel a little sea sick.

I’m going to Dublin for a short break so I booked my flight for that this morning. I’ve been meaning to have a non band visit there for ages. I’m going for ‘the crack’ of course, but also to see Taken by Trees play. Victoria from the band is one of my finest friends so might as well kill two birds with the one stone. I urge you all to catch her and the group if you can on their exclusive European tour. More details about the Dublin and other gigs here at www.takenbytrees.com. If you haven’t already heard of them I would strongly suggest you get out and buy the album. It’s called Open Field and is on Rough Trade Records. Some of you might be interested to know that there’s a song on the record written by yours truly. Plug, Plug, I have a red face now! Oh and course I’ve been working hard on the new songs. More about that soon…

Tracyanne x

10 Comments:

Blogger PochocLin said...

well... actually i don´t know what to say (or write)... love your music!

4:30 am  
Blogger Uriel Nicolás said...

ok!

good,
kisses and as I said I hope anxious the new album
always step to read
always I have a camera

if you pass me another contact I can send my poems in English (if you want it, it not going to be the same..but...)and my photography work

see you

8:06 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

*aaargh! Dory Previn on the jukey in the Tall Ship when Jimmy was finding out about that midden Terri! Brilliant :) the both of us just about fell off the couch shouting 'DORY PREVIN!' hmmm
we don't get out much you see...
Anyway have fun and please try and persuade TBT to play Glasgow soon.
bek + Graeme

9:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You spelt Theatre wrong...thats long long American tours for you!



Or your Computer hasnt got English as its default setting... ;)

11:53 pm  
Blogger L said...

I'm gonna give Taken By Trees a listen!

8:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately they had to cancel their Paris show the day after I bought a ticket...

Good luck with the writing of the new songs. Do you already have an idea of a producer you'd like to work with on the recording of the new album?

Thomas

ps : I was delighted to finally see a brand new mixtape. Maybe Carey will follow the same path of wisdom soon...

6:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tracyanne, I love "Lost And Found", it's one of your finest songs but...will we listen 'Lost and found' sang by you anytime??

1:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really excited by the prospect of new songs. I need something to soundtrack my 2008. Oh and if you're taken by Ireland, please come back to Belfast in the future! The event in Custom House Square was really wicked last time you were there.

2:44 pm  
Blogger .::: .: :.:. :.: ... ::: :. .::. .: :. ::. said...

When I read about the reasons why Victoria left The Concretes, saw that as the right move to make. Must have been brave of her.

Can't wait for Taken By Trees album.

5:25 pm  
Blogger Paul said...

Hi traceyanne, I just had one of those days when I started thinking about my life. Thinking about things i'd done /wish i'd done, people I'd loved and lost,good friends who had drifted apart for whatever reason. A lot of regrets and in many cases too late to do anything about them.

There was one thing I thought i could still do something about and that was contact friends who had been important in my life with whom i had lost contact, just to catch up and let them know that i never forgot them.

It must be about 13 - 14 years since we last saw each other. I remember the last time was a rather awkard ignoring of each other on a bus from town to Govan,dunno why we never said hello and caught up, but i guess people are funny at times. Guess that was the end of a good friendship.

I'm really glad that you followed your dream with the music, I love what you guys have been doing and can see that the songs are straight from your heart. Although i'm a bit suprised there is no reference in any of the songs to "raining in my head ..... Patricia on the TV" !! ;o).

Looking forward to the gig at the ABC, never been to see you live before.

Take care

Paul x

2:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home